Introduction and Agreement
- On the GrydPark Platform, including the Site and related services.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Site.
- Us, offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by GrydPark or any third party.
- Any third party, through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
Information We Collect About You
- Personal information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, user name or other similar identifier, billing and account information including Booking and cancellation history (but excluding payment information, which is collected and managed by third party payment processors), license plate number of vehicles registered with the Site, parking locations and history of Bookings, description and location of Spots offered by you as a Providing User, and any other identifier we may use to contact you online or offline (“personal information”).
- Non-personal information, that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identified individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of Users accessing parking at a particular location.
- Technical information, including your login information, device or browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and usage details.
- Details about your Site interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), Parking Services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
How We Collect Information About You
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide information to us, for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, through the Site or otherwise.
- User contributions, through which you may provide information for us to publish or display on public areas of our Site or transmit to other Users or third parties, such as information about Spots available for Bookings.
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, location data (if location services are enabled by the User), and information collected through the use of your IDFA, which is the identifier that is assigned to your device by Apple for the purposes of delivering advertising content to you.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time you register for an account with GrydPark (a “GrydPark Account”), post Spot Offerings, request Parking Services, or submit a rating about a Spot.
- Information may also be provided by participating in our referral program, to the extent we make such a program available, from time to time.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfillment of your Booking. GrydPark may require Users to add one or more financial instruments to their GrydPark Account through one of GrydPark’s payment service providers in order to access or use the GrydPark Platform or to publish a Spot Offering. We do not store payment information in the GrydPark Platform, but where you have saved a credit card to your account, we will retain the card type and last four digits of your card number.
- Your search queries on the Site.
- Information that you provide by participating in online surveys, promotions, contests and sweepstakes; subscribing to newsletters, editorial content, or promotional content sent via email (which have opt-out instructions if you wish to unsubscribe); and in connection with other products, services, features, or requests made available through the Site.
- We may enable Providing Users to upload photographs of the Spot to the Site. If we provide that functionality, you may use it to provide photographs and other content to us.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other services (i.e. behavioural tracking).
- Mobile device information, including Internet connection, the device’s unique device identifier, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Should you choose to enable location services on your mobile device, the Site will collect real-time information about the location of your device. Location coordinates are shared with a web mapping service (such as Google Maps) to provide drive-time estimations and a link to the mapping service to provide routing for Parkers to the location of their Booking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical information and may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways, that you provide to us, or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Web beacons (also known as pixel tags, Internet tags, clear GIFs, or single-pixel GIFs) are electronic images embedded into a Web page. Web Beacons permit GrydPark, for example, to count Users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- IP Address Logs. Our website also logs Internet Protocol (IP) addresses – the location of your computer on the Internet.
To learn more about online behavioural advertising and how to stop websites from placing cookies on your device, you can access materials and information provided by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada or the Network Advertising Initiative.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they are used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For more information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site to you.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it. For instance, information provided during participation in any referral program we make available to you, may be used to track referrals which generate promotional credits that can be applied towards future Bookings.
- To provide you with notices about your GrydPark Account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce rights arising from any Bookings, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements. For example, Users may be required to add one or more financial instruments to their GrydPark Account through one of GrydPark’s payment service providers, such as PLAID or Stripe, in order to access or use the GrydPark Platform or publish a Spot Offering, or in order to facilitate payment collection by GrydPark. In most circumstances, GrydPark will collect the fees from a Parker by charging the Parker’s payment instrument at the time the Booking is made by the Parker. Providing Users will receive payouts through the payment service provider. Such payouts use the financial instrument linked to the User’s GrydPark Account.
- To notify you about changes to our GrydPark Platform or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To improve our Site, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site, such as drive-time estimations and a link to a web mapping service, such as Google Maps, to provide routing to Parkers to the location of their Booking (requires location services to be enabled by the User).
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you, external to the GrydPark Platform.
- To offer promotions, discounts and credits through a third-party provider, Voucherify.
- In the event of a dispute between a Parker and a Providing User, we may provide information to the parties to the dispute, regarding their respective uses of the Parking Services. We do this in order to allow the parties to settle these disputes among themselves, and the disclosed information may include names, contact information, information about ownership of the Spot and which Parker was in the Spot, at the times that are relevant to the dispute.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose, with your consent, or as required or permitted by law.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email such a request to us at [email protected]. For more information, see CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION.
Disclosure of Your Information
This Policy does not limit our ability to disclose aggregated information about our Users, and information that does not identify any individual, which we may do for any purpose.
We may also disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- In respect of any Spot Offering, information a Providing User provides about the Spot, including whether the Spot is available for Booking, the location of the Spot, and any rules, restrictions, limitations or other deficiencies that may apply to the Spot, will viewable on the Site by Parkers using criteria that matches the Spot and its availability. While this information is ordinarily shared with other Users on an anonymized basis, we reserve the right to share details about Providing Users to other Users, where necessary for the proper functioning of the Parking Services and in accordance with this Policy (for example, where necessary to help our Users resolve disputes among themselves, as set out under HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION).
- In respect of Bookings, after a Parker enters into an agreement for Parking Services, (i.e. a Booking), the following information will be provided to the Providing User and that Providing User’s Property Manager (if applicable), so that both the Providing User and the Property Manager can be alerted to the Booking and so that the Property Manager does not tow a vehicle parked in accordance with a Booking: the status of the Booking (upcoming, active or past), the Booking ID, the Booking date, start and end time, the Parker’s license plate number, the name of the property where the Spot is located, the Spot number, and the dollar value of the Booking amount. Keep in mind that if your personal information is shared through a Booking, you may not be able to control how that personal information is shared and disclosed. Similarly, if you delete your GrydPark Account, some of your personal information may remain on GrydPark, if it is stored in another User’s GrydPark Account or Booking history. IF YOU DO NOT WANT OTHERS TO VIEW AND USE THE ABOVE PERSONAL INFORMATION, DO NOT USE THE GRYDPARK PLATFORM.
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of GrydPark’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by GrydPark about our customers and Users is among the assets transferred.
- To advertisers and advertising networks that require the information to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others, external to the GrydPark Platform. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers target a specific audience (for example, Users in a specific location).
- To third parties to market their products or services to you, if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We only share information with third parties who commit to follow applicable privacy laws. For more information, see the CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION heading below.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Site improvement and optimization), who commit to follow applicable privacy laws.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or otherwise, with your consent.
- As required or permitted by law.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Except as set out in this Policy, no information, including location information, is shared with any third parties for marketing purposes. Our mobile application does not interact or share information with any other applications installed on your mobile device, with the exception of web mapping services, if a User chooses to engage the mapping services through the Site.
In using the GrydPark Platform you consent to the use and disclosure of your personal information, as described in this Policy. GRYDPARK IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY USERS’ OR THIRD PARTIES’ CONDUCT OR ACTIONS AS THEY RELATE TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ON, THROUGH, OR FOLLOWING USE OF THE GRYDPARK PLATFORM.
Transferring Your Personal Information
Transfer of Personal Information to Service Providers Outside CanadaIn some instances, we may engage service providers who are located outside Canada. As a result, we may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this Policy and applicable privacy legislation. Currently, these service providers include, but are not limited to, third parties that help us by hosting data that we collect and manage, as part of the GrydPark Platform. Countries in which our service providers are located may include the United States of America. By submitting your personal information or engaging with the Site, you consent to this transfer, storage, or processing. If you have any questions about our transfer of personal information to our service providers outside Canada, or if you would like to learn more about our privacy policies in that regard, please contact our Managing Director at [email protected].
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Location Information.You can choose whether to allow the Site to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Site may be inaccessible or not function properly, such as the drive-time estimations and routing information.
- Promotional Offers from GrydPark. If you have opted in to receive information about promotional content from us but no longer wish to allow us to use your email address/contact information for that purpose, you can opt-out by following the opt-out instructions provided in our promotional emails, or by clicking the unsubscribe link in any GrydPark email. Please note that if you unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of a GrydPark email, you will be unsubscribed from all GrydPark emails.
- Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by leaving the box titled “send me emails with special offers” unchecked on the form on which we collect your data, by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected], or by using the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our emails (though, as indicated above, an unsubscribe request will opt you out from receiving all communication from us).
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver, external to the GrydPark Platform, advertisements according to ours or our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt out by using the opt out tools created by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada, the Network Advertising Initiative or Google Advertising.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. In addition to the information indicated above under this heading, you can opt-out of several third party ad servers’ and networks’ cookies simultaneously by using opt-out tools created by Google Advertising, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada or by the Network Advertising Initiative. You may also opt out of our use of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page. Opting out of a network does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We store all information you provide to us behind firewalls on our secure servers. All data used by third-party payment service providers is subject to their privacy policies.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
Withdrawing Your Consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at [email protected], or use the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our emails. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. Please let us know if you have any questions, and we will explain the impact of withdrawing your consent to you, to help you with your decision.
Changes to This Policy
We will post any changes we make to this Policy, on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our Users’ personal information, we will notify you through a notice on the Site’s home page and/or through the mobile application. We include the date the Policy was last revised at the top of this page. You are responsible for periodically visiting our Site and this Policy to check for any changes. Your continued use of the Site after such notice constitutes acceptance of such changes.
Contact Information and Challenging Compliance
If you have any questions about this Policy and GrydPark privacy practices, please email us [email protected].
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information, our compliance with this Policy, and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this Policy please contact us using the contact information listed above.
Last modified: September 21, 2022